Reports 2.5 to Word 97

From: KENT ELLIS <AKELLIS_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:50:08 -0500

I am trying to get some output from an Oracle db using Oracle Reports v2.5 into Word 97 so that I can distribute that output to others in editable form (PDF won't do). The output is formatted as a 4-column table with grid-lines surrounding each cell, with page headers and footers. Would like the same formatting in Word 97.

I hear that Reports 3.0 has an RTF file output option, but don't expect the company will upgrade in the near future. Does anyone know of any third party product that will output in RTF format from Reports 2.5? Any other suggestions? This particular report does a tremendous amount of pre-processing before producing the output; don't think this can be done easily in any Mail-merge type third party program. Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 02:50:08 CEST

Original text of this message