Re: How to install Forms 5 forms server?

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 17:14:51 -0700

Richard Styles wrote:

> This may seem like a stupid question but I can find no information on
> how to actually install the forms server (listener). It does not appear
> as an option in the Oracle installer and f50srv32.exe does not get
> copied when I do a full or runtime install of forms even though it is
> on the Developer 2000 v2.1 install cd. There is plenty of info on how
> to set up and run the server once it is installed and I had no problems
> with installing v4.5.
>
> What am I missing?

If you don't see the server in the installer, it's almost certainly because you haven't purchased (or been shipped... mistakes happen!) the Server CD. Server deployment requires deployment licenses, so in order to receive the server software (or at least, to be able to install it) you need to buy at least one server deployment licence. Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 02:14:51 CEST

Original text of this message