Displaying records from different tables

From: Daniel Cohen <cohend_at_logica.com>
Date: 5 Aug 1998 10:52:56 GMT

Hi ppl,

I am completely new to Developer/2000 and am trying to develop an application in Forms 4.5.

I am trying to display data from 3 tables in one form, with the 3 tables being linked by various key fields. I have set up 3 blocks (one for each table) - one as a master, the second as a detail of the master, and the third as a detail of the second!

I have set each block to display 10 records. When I query my db, the master table is populated using all 10 records, but the detail blocks only display data on the top line and this data changes as I navigate through the master block.

How do I get the data in the detail blocks to use all 10 records as well, so that my user effectively sees 10 records in one table even though they physically aren't?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Lehane

PS I have set records displayed properties to 10 etc. Received on Wed Aug 05 1998 - 12:52:56 CEST

Original text of this message