Re: Problems with SQL*Loader

From: <mohammed_ahmed_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 13:12:16 GMT

 : I'm trying to export data into oracle in text delimited format into long fields via SQL*Loader. The text contains carriage returns and tab (for things: like new paragraphs and such) but SQL*Loader is taking one line in a file as one record most of the records does not end in a single line it wraps up to the next line due to the long field column. I am getting two errors one is "Field in data exceeds maximum specified length" which is related to this long field column and the other error is "Inserted value too large for column" but it is not specifying the column to which this error is related. : Does anyone know how to make SQL*Loader recognize carriage returns?

: This is crucial to our project and I would appreciate any help.