Re: ODBC vs. OO4O Help!!!

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:37:04 GMT

I would use OO40 if possible:

It uses SqlNet directly without the overhead of the ODBC layer.....

It is fully Oracle compliant - that is, it can do anything an Oracle connection can do....

Its much faster than even the best ODBC ( at least in my experience )

It is easier to write the supporting VB code.....

Downside :

Users must have the necessary files to use it....

The VB IDE doesn't always 'prompt' for the operators/methods for the Oracle Objects like it can do for 'native' VB stuff....

All in all, I'd go with OO40----

John Greco
Oracle DBA/Application Developer
Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us