Re: CONCSUB of report sets

From: <HowardParks_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:28:39 GMT

In article <35BCBDD6.AC4CB776_at_bigfoot.com>,   mwbrady_at_bigfoot.com wrote:
> In the Oracle Apps I know that I can use the CONCSUB utility to run a
> concurrent program. Can I also use it to submit a report set? If so, how?
> How are parameters passed?
>
> Thanks,
> MIKE BRADY
> mike.brady_at_peachtreecityga.ncr.com

I was unable to get this to work, although it seems it should.

I created a procedure called submit_set which has the set name as its parameter. It looks in the internal apps tables for the concurrent programs that make up a set, and submits them one at a time. I use CONCSUB to start up submit_set, and then submit_set submits the jobs one by one. Let me know if you want more detail. I probably can supply the code. I have found that getting these things to work involves alot of trial and error.

Howard Parks