Newbie SQL*Loader question...

From: Kathy Graham <kathy_graham_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:56:57 -0700

[Quoted] Hi Folks;

    I am attempting my first table load using the SQL*Loader utility. The first three fields load without a problem(char fields), however the fourth field is causing problems. Here is the ctl file with some sample data:

  • Variable-length, delimited and enclosed data format LOAD DATA INFILE * APPEND INTO TABLE target_dept_hours_wcharges [Quoted] FIELDS TERMINATED BY " " OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' (exp_1, dept_code, chgdept, exp_4 DECIMAL (9,4)) BEGINDATA
    "9412" "5662" "5118" 8.7000
    "9412" "5662" "5212" 93.5000
    "9412" "5662" "5213" 157.7500

The field is actually defined in the table as Number(17,4). I have tried various combinations of DECIMAL with different numbers as well as, but cannot seem to get the numeric field to load properly. Any assistance that anyone could provide would be very welcome. Thanks in advance....

Kathy Graham
Kathy_graham_at_hpl.hp.com Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 22:56:57 CEST

Original text of this message