Named connection to Oracle

From: Bruno Trinquier <btrinquier_at_publicis.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:24:58 +0200

Hello,

Configuration : Server Oracle 7.1.3 under Netware, with SQL*NET V2 When using SQL*PLUS 3.3 under Windows'95, the v$session looks like : USERNAME OSUSER MACHINE PROGRAM
SYSTEM btrinquier PC-BT PLUS33W.EXE

When using a PowerBuilder application or SQL*PLUS 3.1, it looks like

USERNAME OSUSER     MACHINE  PROGRAM
SYSTEM   OraUser             C:\PWRS\SYS\PBRTF050.DLL
SYSTEM   OraUser             C:\ORAWIN\BIN\PLUS31.EXE

SQL*PLUS 3.3 seems to get my network login name and my machine name (I can also do it); then
it send them to Oracle when connecting.
Do you know the syntax for making that ? (parms of CONNECT or ALTER SESSION ?)

Thank you,
Bruno

Please, send a copy (cc) of your reponse at btrinquier_at_publicis.fr Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 16:24:58 CEST

Original text of this message