Re: Forms40 path setting

From: <lyall_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:08:46 GMT

In article <35bc78ea.1807665_at_nntp.uunet.ca>,   steve.hiltz_at_atl.sofkin.ca wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Running Forms40 on an HP Unix box. When I try to run
> the form the following error message displays
> FRM-40034: Can';t attach the library...
> Any ideas what could be causing this error
> message ? Maybe path ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steve Hiltz

The path is exactly the problem. I'm running Forms4.5 on Win95 and there is a parameter in the Registry that I can set:

  • FORMS45_PATH=
  • ORACLE_PATH=
The first is for development stuff. When opening a form in developer and there is a library attached to it. If you disattached the path... Hey, maybe that's the problem. When you attached the .pll did you hard code the path? Check that first and then check the initialization parameters.

HTH
Lyall