Re: connect string in F45

From: Wernberg-Tougaard <Christian.H.wernberg-Tougaard_at_uvm.dk*NO_SPAM*>
Date: 29 Jul 1998 08:21:22 GMT

Milt Peterson <mpete_at_xspam.delairsys.com> skrev i artiklen <35b8facd.377870969_at_news.primenet.com>...
> On 21 Jul 1998 11:30:24 GMT, "Wernberg-Tougaard"
> <Christian.H.wernberg-Tougaard_at_uvm.dk*NO_SPAM*> wrote:

<cut> ...

> I don't know how you're starting a form. We use an icon to start a
> front-end form using the following command line in the icon
> properties:
>
> [d]:\ORANT\BIN\F45RUN32.EXE module=[d]:path\formname
> userid=user/passwd_at_connect string

Thanx Milt,
What I'm after is a way to inherit the username from Lotus Notes and then plot the info onto the logon screen with the connect-string so that the user has only to care about the password. But of course could your solution be an option if I fail to reach my goal. The problem on the other hand is, that the icons are user-specific so that if users delete the icon (or shortcut) they will properly need some support. Somewhat more seriously is the fact that the iconized version will have severe security-problems as the password is readable in the shortcut. Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 10:21:22 CEST

Original text of this message