Re: A Question about Installing Oracle for Client?

From: Raymond Siao <raymond.siao_at_tmsw.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:00:45 +0800

Violin,

I would suggest you to install the Oracle clients on your file server, if you do have a file server.

First install Oracle clients in a PC and specify a server path for installation. Then you could export the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE branch in your installed PC Windows95 registry and copy the startup menu to your other machines. If you don't want the user to access some of the program, you can then remove then from the startup menu folder before copy it to your users. However, a more secure way is to remove those programs' exe from the server.

If you don't have a file server, do remove the related programs' exe from the users path and edit their startup menu folder to make everything simple.

P.S.