developer/2000 server and java

From: <wang_at_xoma.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 00:38:19 GMT

Problems to make d2k server work

I installed d2k server version 2.0 on a Windows NT 4 server by following all the steps listed in the manual. The web server used is Microsoft IIS 4, and a static HTML page is configured accordingly. On a client Windows 95 machine, both Microsoft IE4 and Netscape 4.5 are installed. I tried to launch my Oracle forms applications from web browsers, and only got the following messages from java console.

Message from IE4 java console:
com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx
[oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/engine/Runform.initClipboard]: Clipboard access
denied.

	at com/ms/security/permissions/UIPermission.check
	at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.deepCheck
	at com/ms/security/PolicyEngine.checkPermission
	at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.chk
	at com/ms/security/StandardSecurityManager.checkSystemClipboardAccess
	at com/ms/awt/WToolkit.getSystemClipboard
	at oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/engine/Runform.initClipboard
	at oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/engine/Runform.startRunform
	at oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/engine/Runform.run
	at java/lang/Thread.run

com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx
[oracle/forms/uiClient/v1_4/engine/Runform.initClipboard]: Clipboard access
denied.:Clipboard access denied.
Microsoft (R) VM for Java (tm), 4.0 Release 4.79.0.2339

From Netscape 4.5 java console:
Netscape Communications Corporation -- Java 1.1.5 Type '?' for options.
Symantec Java! ByteCode Compiler Version 210.065 Copyright (C) 1996-97 Symantec Corporation netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checksystemclipboardaccess:security.checksystemclipboardaccess

Both messages seemed trying to tell me some sort of problems related to clip board access. Any ideas about what/where the problems are, and what else I can do.