Re: Developer 2000 Application on the Web ??

From: Andrei Filimonov <andrei.filimonov_at_supersolution.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:50:02 -0500

Eric Zimmerman wrote in message <35BB0CB2.6DBD98A9_at_mail.biu.ac.il>...
>Though Oracle claims the Developer 2000 works well in an Internet
>environment, we have now heard that in truth it works well in an
>Intranet environment. In fact, to my knowledge there is no Internet site
>in Israel using Developer 2000, though Oracle is a dominant player in
>the market here.

The only difference between internet and intranet regarding Dev2000 is the speed of communicational channel. Oracle Forms client has to download up to 700k of Java classes while running Forms Application on the Web. Though that amount can be reduced it is still about 450k to be download just to start application.

Andrei Filimonov Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 16:50:02 CEST

Original text of this message