Market Survey modeling tools

From: BWise bv <all_at_bwise.nl>
Date: 27 Jul 1998 13:08:49 GMT

Dear Sirs,

Presently I am a student at the Fonty's University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands. In connection with my study, I am performing a research project for the company BWise bv about the use of Internet as a search medium for modeling software.

I would appreciate it very much if you could answer the following twelve questions. If you reply this letter within two weeks, BWise bv offers you a modeling toolset free of charge for the BWise Toolkit.

PERSONAL NOTES
Company:
Name:
Function:

EXAMPLES
Where do you access the Internet? (If you have one answer)
[ x ] From work
[ ] From home
[ ] Other, ...

Where do you access the Internet? (If you have many answers, answer in order of importance)
[ 1 ] From work
[ 2 ] From home
[ ] Other, ...

QUESTIONS
1. How frequently do you access the Internet?
[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Rarely

2. How do you use the Internet?
[ ] Product information
[ ] E-Mail
[ ] News and information
[ ] Competitive information
[ ] Newsgroups
[ ] Other, ...

3. How do you find the address of a website?
[ ] Search engine
[ ] Link or banner
[ ] Book, magazine or newspaper
[ ] Friends
[ ] Usenet
[ ] TV
[ ] E-Mail
[ ] Newsgroups
[ ] Guessing the address
[ ] Other, ...

4. Which search engine do you use?
[ ] I do not use search engines
[ ] Alta Vista
[ ] Excite
[ ] Infoseek
[ ] Lycos
[ ] Magellan
[ ] Microsoft
[ ] Yahoo
[ ] Other, ...

If you are not familiar with proces modeling software, please go to question number 12.

5. How frequently do you use websites for process modeling tools?
[ ] Daily
[ ] Weekly
[ ] Monthly
[ ] Rarely
[ ] Never

6. For what reason do you use websites for process modeling tools?
[ ] I do not use websites for process modeling tools
[ ] To keep informed about software
[ ] To request information about software
[ ] To evaluate software
[ ] To purchase software

7. Which keywords do you use when using search engines about process modeling tools?
[ ] I do not use search engines
[ ] BPR/BPI
[ ] Enterprise modeling
[ ] ER Diagram/Petri-net/IDEF0
[ ] AO-descriptions
[ ] Organizational modeling
[ ] Other, ...

8. Which book, magazine or newspaper do you use about process modeling tools?
[ ] I do not use a book, magazine or newspaper [Quoted]
[ ] Newspaper. Title(s): ...
[ ] Magazine. Title(s): ...
[ ] Book. Title(s): ...

9. Which newsgroups do you use about process modeling tools?
[ ] I do not use newsgroups
[Quoted] [ ] Newsgroups. Title(s): ...

  1. What would you like to see in a website about process modeling tools?
    1. As a future user of the software [ ] Product description [ ] Price list [ ] Possibility to download evaluation version [ ] Possibility to enter mailing list [ ] Organization description [ ] Case description [ ] Tips [ ] Updates [ ] News [ ] Other, ...
    2. As a present software user [ ] Product description [ ] Price list [ ] Possibility to download evaluation version [ ] Possibility to enter mailing list [ ] Organization description [ ] Case description [ ] Tips [ ] Updates [ ] News [ ] Other, ...
  2. If you use one website for process modeling tools more than another, then why?
    [ ] I do not use just one, I use many different websites
    [ ] New releases
    [ ] New offers
    [ ] Latest news
    [ ] Other, ...
  3. Do you want to receive the results of this market research?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No

Your answers stay confidential and you can reply them with e-mail to the following address all_at_bwise.nl. BWise bv supplies advanced software and high-end consultancy for integral modeling and optimizing business processes.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS! Annemarie Mikkers

BWise bv
Europalaan 16
5232 BC Den Bosch
The Netherlands