Security for group of users ???

From: <Wolfgang.Rothmayer_at_bmw.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:44:32 GMT

Hi there,

we are seeking for a security mechanism to hinder the use of sqlplus for a group of users. No user of this group should be able to execute a SQL command if logged in into a database.

On the other hand, we have a NT app where this user group gets logged in into this database. Login is done via a group user as the administration effort to handle each user differently is to high.

Our aim is to minimize the adminstrative effort to change the password for the "group user".

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang. Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 14:44:32 CEST

Original text of this message