Stored proc problem with VB 5..0

From: Dale Riley <rileyrd_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:47:41 -0400

we are attempting to retrieve RDO resultsets from oracle using odbc and are having a problem. it seems as though when an oracle user creates a stored procedure which accepts input variables, the only user that can call the stored proc from vb is the one who created it. if a different user tries to call the stored proc, they get the following error from RDO:

40041 Object Collection: Couldn't find item indicated by text

we are using the following odbc driver:

Microsoft ODBC for Oracle version 2.73.728303.

we are also using vb 5.0 and oracle v7.3

the following web site at microsoft was where i found some examples of calling oracle stored procedures from rdo.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/2/25.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/0/86.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/9/81.asp

any help would be appreciated

  Troy.Hostetter_at_rssc.slg.eds.com Received on Sat Jul 25 1998 - 02:47:41 CEST

Original text of this message