Re: TNS internal limit error

From: Bruce Myers <brmyers_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:03:39 -0400

If I remember correctly, you've basically run out of resources on the database server.
Once the number of users which can connect to the server is reached (based
upon memory primarily), this is the error you see. If you believe you should be able to connect more users than you currently can, it may be that the SORT_AREA_SIZE initialization parameter is set too high. The number defined here is the amount of memory allocated per user connection,
so the math of SGA + (#users * SORT_AREA_SIZE) tells you (roughly) how much
memory you are using. Once you add anything else running on the system to
the amount used, you'll probably notice you've ran out of memory. I seem to recall that the amount of memory required for SORT_AREA will not be paged. Of course, this is all off the top of my head and I could be wrong.