Re: Problem with fetching large amount of text into form item

From: Maoz Mussel <mmussel_at_iil.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:53:57 +0200

Thanks, but this shouldn't be the problem: the long_text field in the database is also defined as varchar2(2000). I defined the ITEM as long, expecting it will act as long (i.e. no size limitation), but it's appear it doesn't. Also, the VALUE_ERROR exception is raised when trying to insert large text into the item, and not when fetching the record into line_val variable.

Thanks again, and let me know if you have further ideas.

Maoz