Reports 2.5

From: David <dullery_NOSPAM_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:53:13 -0700

[Quoted] I have a very simple tabular report with one query and two breaks. It is from
the tutorial (Q_Ordpict --> G_Break --> G_Ordpict).

The 3rd page of the report prints out the headers (Cust ID, Orderdate, Total,
Tax Total) with no data, because the 21 records already printed. This is all
followed by a Grand Total.

Q: How can I suppress the last set of headers based on the fact that there are
no new records?

I already tried three approaches that did not work:

I found out that if I create a counter (based on ordid) at the report level, it always displays 21 (because there are 21 records and it resets at the report). If I create a counter at the G_Ordpict group (where ordid is located), I get a count that could be checked against the report-level counter, but Reports does not allow me to check this variable at the header trigger (frequency error). If I create a counter that resets at the page level (this seems to be the most logical solution), I get an error if I reference it (Cause: PL/SQL entered in Format Trigger cannot reference columns
with a Reset At or Compute At of Page.)!!!!

Note: It is a simple matter to suppress detail headers (there is an example in
the report documentation), but it does not apply in this case.

Sincerely,

David S. Ullery

Principal Consultant
Core Technologies West
Oracle Consulting Services
Voicemail: 800.862.4563 Extension: 1514 Received on Thu Jul 23 1998 - 22:53:13 CEST

Original text of this message