Using SQL Loader to import data with carriage return

From: Lisa Soong <lisa_at_kkipcom.com.sabah.net.my>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:59:54 +0800

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] I am a newbie to Oracle and I am trying to import data from an Access database into my Oracle database by first extracting the Access data into a flat fixed length file (text) and then using SQL Loader ver8.0 to load that flat file into my Oracle database. However some of the address fields in MSAccess has carriage returns and when I export that into a flat file, SQL loader assumes that it is a new record and everything from there onwards get messed up! Is there anyway I can get SQL Loader to ignore the carriage return and to just judge record length from positions as set in the SQL Loader control file?

--
Best Regards,
Lisa