Re: Save one record in Forms45

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 22 Jul 1998 15:35:43 GMT

In article <35B69567.2AA5_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
>Hello all,
> In Forms4.5, is it possible to save one record only when a set of
>records have been retrieved by 'execute_query' function? e.g.
>
> Ten records have been retrieved. Later, I changed the content of the
>first record. When I move to the next record, an alert will be raised to
>ask the user to save the first record or not. But it saves the first
>record only, not other nine records. I find that commit_form will save
>all 10 retrieved records.

If you are using Forms' default processing (Execute_Query), and not manually retrieving data into your ten records (with a cursor loop), then Commit_Form only saves the records that have been changed, not all ten.

But it sounds like you are using manual processing. With the alert and saving the one record, you must be using a SQL Update command. This is not the normal way to use Forms, but it will work in special cases if that is really what you need.

Steve Cosner Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 17:35:43 CEST

Original text of this message