Re: F45 question

From: Darren Capper <xzo92_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:15:24 +0100

Wernberg-Tougaard wrote in message <01bdb496$8e387280$100514ac_at_chwer1>...
>In F45 I would like to do "silient commits", that is to commiting without
>the user knowing. How do I do this ?

Simply set the message level, see forms help on system.message_level

I use it for silent queries as sometimes I want to query without the user knowing.
The procedure is in one of my libraries so I generally use name_in and copy, however if
you are using it within a form you can just refer to the message level as :system.message_level.

PROCEDURE proc_SilentQuery IS

    varOldLevel varchar2(10) := name_in('system.message_level');

begin

     copy('10','system.message_level');
     execute_query;            -- your commit call would go in here :)
     copy(varOldLevel,'system.message_level');
end;

> (I want it to happen when a user navigates to a certain block).
Don't know off the top of my head but I suppose you could call the procedure on a
When-New-Form-Instance trigger.

Hope this helps
Darren Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 14:15:24 CEST

Original text of this message