Printing character-mode report with Reports2.5

From: YKen <kyue_at_ouhk.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:51:38 GMT

Hi,
Do anyone has any problem with printing a character-mode report using Reports2.5. I have encountered the following error when trying to print a character-mode report after previewing :

REP-1848 : Failed while trying to begin printing

The strange thing is the report is invoked from a network drive, if I run it with an a/c that have WRITE privilege, there is no problem, while a READ-ONLY a/c does !! I have checked the registry variable REPORTS25_TMP which specify where Reports2.5 will write the temp file to while generating reports, but still this doesn't work. The problem seems to be some file writing processes in the drive where the report is invoked other than the files mentioned above. The same problem does not exist for a bit-mapped report !!

Could someone give an advice on it, Thanks !

Regards,
Ken Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 10:51:38 CEST

Original text of this message