Re: Treeview OCX in Oracle Forms

From: Raymond Allo <idefix_at_sydney.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:12:17 +1000

Kristina,

I am using the Oracle recommended version from Protoview. You can download this version from www.protoview.com. It is also on the Oracle Open Tools Initiative CD.
Current version is version 2. However Forms 5 still has problems with OCX/Active X.
This one GPF's when you collapse a branch. When you collapse the branch thorugh an event from a button it works. Oracle is aware of this problem and it is accepted as a bug.
The MS Treeview works but you can't distribute to a PC which hasn't VB installed. Also a know problem. At this stage the protoview component is the easiest to use and works as long as you don't collapse the tree in the object itself by clicking the plus sign.

Raymond