Re: Looking for tools/frameworks to use for 3-tier Java/CORBA/Oracle app

From: Sandy Koczko <koczko_at_city-net.com>
Date: 1998/07/18

Well, you could go for JDeveloper Suite from Oracle (essentially Inprise's JBuilder 1.0 with extensions) or you could go with JBuilder 2.0 Client/Server from Inprise.

I prefer JBuilder 2 because:

- It's Inprise's technology
- It's further along (supports JDK switching, Swing, etc)
- Inprise owns the bundled Visigenic ORB
- I don't want to be locked into proprietary Oracle anything

Hope this helps,
--slk