Re: Last Oracle version that "included" rpt/rpf?

From: Martin Rapier <M.Rapier_at_shef.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/07/18

In article <35ABB9DC.CDD3C76D_at_ornl.com>, o6h_at_ornl.com says...

>Anyone with experiences moving to 7.3.4? Need to do this and can't get
>any answers from Oracle.

It was definitely shipped with 7.1,maybe 7.2?

Anyway, I just installed it in the Oracle 7.3 dir off the old distribution disks, works fine, as do all our old Forms 3.0, Reportwriter etc stuff.

We just can't seem to get round to re-writing all those millions of lines of code for Des/2000 yet....

If you concerned about this, then just leave an old 7.1/7.2 ORACLE_HOME, use that and connect to your 7.3 database over Sql*Net (make sure you've got the Sql*Net v2 drivers compiled into your old products, as v1 won't work).

Cheers.
Martin.

--
Martin Rapier, Database Administrator
Corporate Information & Computing Services.