Re: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

From: <c.m.j.hakvoort_at_fd.no-spam.agro.nl>
Date: 1998/07/17

Alex Snoeren wrote:

> Hello !
>
> When I try to create a DAD in the OWAS
> I get this error : ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not
> performed
>
> But i guess i entered the right SID! It works when I connect to sql*plus.
>
> So does anybody have some suggestions?
>
> thanks!
> Alex
>
> snoeren_at_casema.net

Hello Alex,

You have to fill in a SID if your Oracle database server is on the same server as the WAS server otherwise if the database server is on a remote machine you have to fill in a SQL*NET service.

Here is a possible solution if you are using SQL*NET:

First use ping to test if the server can be reaced: ping <ipadres> If this works then use tnsping to test if the SQL*NET connection is working: tnsping <service>
(TNSPING is on the \bin directory in the oracle tree) If this works use this <service> in the DAD.

I hope this information is of any helpk to you. Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message