Re: Sorting on non-base table items in Forms 4.5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 17 Jul 1998 21:31:57 GMT

To order your base table block on a non-base-table item, create a stored function that returns the value you want to use to sort. Then set your order-by clause for the base-table block to use the function:

   My_Function(Column_X)

(You can look up other explanations of this method on Deja News: www.dejanews.com. Go to "power search", and search for author SmithM_at_logica.com, date: 1997/05/30)

Steve Cosner