Stored Procedures and Tablespaces

From: Svein Ormel <svein.ormel_at_hitec.no>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:37:12 +0200

[Quoted] Hello all.

I'm definitely no Oracle Guru. But my boss tells me to try any way.

What I'm trying to do is creating to sets of tables, each in it's own tablespace (lets call them cactus and emms). The tables in the cactus tablespace is updated from an external application, and each time this happens I would like to extract these new values and insert them into the tables in the emms tablespace. These new values will then in turn be used by another application, so what I'm really trying to do is to create a datalink between two applications. The tables in the two tablespaces are not identical so it has to be a field by field approach.

I'm just hoping that someone out there has a minute or two to explain how to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Svein Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 12:37:12 CEST

Original text of this message