Q: Sql*Loader maximum record length

From: <WeeWillyKeeler_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 16 Jul 1998 14:45:09 -0400

[Quoted] I am trying to load data into a table using SQL*loader in 8.0.3, and am getting a "bad" file full of data. The "log" file say that the {whatever} is too big. Look:

Field in data file exceeded maximum specified length Record 560: Rejected - Error on table HTTP_LOG, column REFERER.

However, this column REFERER is a VARCHAR(500), and the data is about 250 characters long. I am wondering if there is a 256 character limit on a record that SQL*Loader can use. With all the other fields in the datafile, it surely goes over 256 characters. Or is is just a single field is limited to 256 characters??

--
If you have a condom and sunscreen SPF 15 or greater, than it's safe to look at