Re: Des/2K R.1.3.2: Functions not shareable - Why?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:18:32 GMT

Functions are simply not shareable; it's a "religious" thing.

The closest you can get to sharing is to use "Common Functions". However, you will not see the children of a common function (and for "religious" reasons, I discourage people from using them.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't share functions in R2.1.

grafwaczenski_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Hi,
>I am currently invetigating the concept of sharing objects within
>application systems in des2k r.1.3.2.
>I tried to share business functions between two application systems and
>got the message "functions are not shareable".
>Can anybody explain why entities and tables can be shared whereas
>functions (and diagrams) can not?
>Is this possible in r.2.1?
>
>Thanx, Robert.

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 19:18:32 CEST

Original text of this message