Re: Passing values between forms (Developer 4.5)

From: Rod Corderey <Lane_Associates_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:28:53 +0100

Hi Thanos,

I am pretty sure that Forms parameters can not be backward-looking so a simple solution might be a communications table, particularly as , if you are using call_form then the posting by the called form is in the same transaction as the calling form.

The table rows could be identified by the module_name or id, the user_name or id and a parameter id so the calling form could check the communications table for existence of suitable data relative to the session in progress.

The comms table could either always have the passed value forced to a common data type or have a column for each data type and a single column to identify which datatype is relavent to the value being passed.

regards

Rod Corderey

Lane Associates
Lane_Associates_at_Compuserve.com