To Mark: VB 4.0 & Oracle 7.3 slow ODBC problem! HELP!

From: Ravi <donkeykong69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:53:19 -0500

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply to my last question. I apologize for not being able to respond sooner but i was out of the country these last couple of weeks. As you suggested, I am sending you the OpenDatabase statement that I use in my VB 4.0 program to connect to an Oracle database. Thank you in advance for taking a looking at my problem!!

Dim sConnect as string
Dim ws as workspace
Dim db as database
Dim rs as recordset

sConnect = "UID=xpstudent1;PWD=sterling;DSN=OrclDSN"

Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set db = ws.OpenDatabase("xpstudent1", False, False, sConnect)
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("xpstudent1.REQUESTS", dbOpenDynaset)

Sincerely,

Ravi