Re: Help with Oracle Forms

From: Kurian <kurian.kattukkaran_at_priority-health.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:01:26 -0400

Prasad Chavali wrote:

> Do you have both Oracle 8 and Forms installed on the same machine? If so
> did you install what version of Oracle 8? Personal Oracle or any other type
> of Oracle 8. If it is Personal Oracle 8 try to connect without anything in
> the database string.
>
> Developer 2000 will not be able to connect using Net 8. You may have
> install SQL Net 2.1.
>
> Depending on what versions of Software you have installed, we can help you
> to get to the root of the problem better.
>
> HTH
>
> Prasad Chavali
> pchavali_at_assettech.com
>
> Veanessa Burbage wrote in message <6o43i5$chf_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
> >I recently downloaded Oracle 8 from Oracle's Web Site. I already had
> Oracle
> >Forms from a CD that I got with a book that I bought. Oracle froms cannot
> >(and has never been able to) connect to the database.
> >
> >Everything else I have works, including SQL Plus, but I get "ORA-12203 -
> >TNS: unable to connect to destination".
> >
> >I have a 133 Pentium with Windows 95. I am an experienced software
> engineer
> >with limited database experience. Can anyone help me with this problem? I
> >would like to discuss it via ICQ or AOL IM if someone is willing to help.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >John Burbage

Hi Prasad,
I have same problem...
I have a PC with trial versions of Forms4.5,Personal Oracle 7 and sqlplus. Only sqlplus works fine with scott/tiger.. Whenever try to use Forms4.5, its gives TNS:name not found error.. I intend to work only on standalone PC and no network is involved.

Thanks in advance,
kurian Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 17:01:26 CEST

Original text of this message