Forms 4.5 TEXT_IO-Package

From: Gudrun Janssen <Janssen_at_itu.fzk.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:12:22 -0400

Hello,

I'm working with Forms 4.5. And right now, I've got two questions concerning the TEXT_IO-Package.

I' ve got a CANVAS-View with lots of Input-Fields. I want to program the opportunity to save a current state of Input into a file. So the user has some files like case1.txt, case2.txt and so on, where he can choose from at a later time and then load the input again into the different Input-Fields. Everything works fine as long as I don't care about the user specifying invalid filenames.

How I can I check if the user entered a valid filename or not, before/while calling TEXT_IO.FOPEN? And second, how can I figure out, if the file already exists?

Thanks for your help!
Gudrun Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 18:12:22 CEST

Original text of this message