Web Application Server and RMI

From: Joseph Allen Dane <jdane_at_hawaii.edu>
Date: 13 Jul 1998 15:01:26 -1000

I'm looking for info on the use of RMI with Oracle's Web Application Server. It seems to me that the only way (well, maybe not the *only* way) to really get any use out of Java on the server side is if I can have applets on the client invoking methods on those server side applets. I guess in this case they aren't quite "server side", since they're executed via the Java Cartridge on the web server, but you know what I mean.

I'd like to use the remote objects to access the database via pl2java generated wrappers. I'm also interested in hearing about CORBA/IIOP type solutions, if anyone has any stories to share.

Thanks,

--

joe