Re: Forms 5.0 Ole Error

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:10:57 -0700

Ganapathy Pemmanda wrote:

> I have embedded an excel file in the ole container in my form.
> This I have done by manually inserting the excel file into the ole
> container.
>
> Then when I try to activate the server using the built in
> forms_ole.activate_server, I get the following error.
>
> FRM -41344 : OLE object not defined for (the item) in the current
> record.

Typically, this error happens when the OLE container item hasn't been "instantiated" by Forms. Ensure that the item has been created e.g. by showing the canvas or going to the block/item at least once. (Usually you see this error when trying to activate the server from When-New-Form-Instance or Pre-Form) Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 02:10:57 CEST

Original text of this message