Cancelling a running Server task from a Client

From: Paul Thomas <paul.thomas_at_pumphouse.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:07:49 GMT

SQL*Plus v3.3 provides a Cancel facility to enable a user running SQL*Plus as a client to Cancel a already running Server request. Does anybody know how it does this as we have searched the documentation with no result. We need to emulate the Cancel functionality in an online application we are building.

We are running an online COBOL CICS application on an IBM MVS system. We want to handle the situation where the user just switches their terminal off. Within the CICS application we can detect the switchoff but we can't clean up the Oracle server request that is already running as we don't know how to Cancel it from within CICS. (The CICS application appears as a client to Oracle).

Any help would be gratefully received.

--
Paul Thomas
NCM Credit Insurance,