Re: Simulation of 400-600 database users

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:38:45 GMT

On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 13:32:33 GMT, Arnd.Gerns_at_bra.adtranz.de wrote:

>Do you know a tool or method, which allows the simulation of 400-600 users?
>It should also be possible to record the actions of some users in order to
>obtain load profiles. These load profiles will then be manifolded during
>the simulation.

Mercury Interactive sells a tool called LoadRunner that does what you want. I've heard it's good, but havn't used it yet. We just recently bought a license for it, and the software's sitting on a shelf in our server room, so I imagine I'll know more soon.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Sun Jul 12 1998 - 06:38:45 CEST

Original text of this message