C precompiler install problem

From: Steven Oney <soney_at_1y.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:09:13 GMT

I have just received my 30 day trial cd from Oracle. I ordered the Pro*C for Solaris. I received the Server enterprise Edition CD, I assumed Pro*C was on it. I ran Oracle orainst. I tried a custom install. I'm installing this package on a Sun LX workstation. I just want to install the Pro*C package I don't want a Oracle DB on this workstation. I plan to build the Perl Oracle mod's to access a Oracle NT running on a NT system. I am trying to test using Oracle as a back end to our company Intranet.

The install ran but it did not install libsql.a. It told me to run root.sh however when I run this it cannot find read.sh. It appears that the install did not work. I cannot find any information on orainst on the doc cd. the logs do not help at all, they don't say there was any problem. the install log does not give any errors, it does not give much help at all.

Please help me, or direct me to where I can find help. Thanks
Steven Oney Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 19:09:13 CEST

Original text of this message