Looking for tools/frameworks to use for 3-tier Java/CORBA/Oracle app

From: Klas Mellbourn <qtxklme_at_al.etx.ericsson.se>
Date: 1998/07/09

We are just starting up a project where we will be building a three-tier client server application with Java applet clients that will connect to a Java server using CORBA. The clients will be used to display forms to let users select/insert/delete/update data that is stored in an Oracle database. The java server application is the connection to the database.

This seems to me to be something that would be a fairly common setup these days. There should be a lot of good frameworks and tools to use to facilitate and automate the development of both the java clients and the java server, given an existing Oracle 8 database. Preferrably tools that are compatible with JDK 1.2. Are there such frameworks/tools/IDEs? What do you recommend?
Is EJB the right approach, or is that overkill?

Thanks in advance,
/Klas Mellbourn Received on Thu Jul 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message