Re: Problem with Net8 Easy Configure and Net8 Assistant on NT4.0-Oracle8.04

From: <lofftjm_at_itec.suny.edu>
Date: 1998/07/09

There is a patch abailable on the microsoft web site (don't ask me where - I don't remember - maybe try searching on "Java") that will fix this problem. If you encounter this problem with the NET8 Easy Config, you will almost always get the same results when using netscape with a java enabled web site.

Joe Lofft

In article <01bdaac2$0b49b880$686564cf_at_pb133>,   "Dave Perling" <perling_at_goodnet.com> wrote:
> Had the same problem... Your not going to believe the solution...
>
> Change your video display to 256 colors. (not more, not less)
>
> I found this somewhere in the documentation.
> You would think this would not matter, especially if its more!
>
> Anyway, this fixed it for me.
> Cheers...
> Dave
>
> Adam Tadjkarimi <adamt_at_hsltd.com> wrote in article
> <6nttuk$b7v$1_at_newsin-1.starnet.net>...
> > Recently I upgraded our server (P-NT4.0) from Oracle 8.03 to 8.04 and
 since
> > then I have not been able to run Oracle Net8 Easy Configure and Net8
> > Assistant . Anytime I try either of these utilities, they hung up and a
> > process "java.exe" kicks in and hugs ~90% of the CPU. I have to go to
 the
> > Task Manager and kill this process.
> >
> > Any similar experience or hint?
> >
> > I have a suspicion that MS Internet Explorer 4.0 and these utilities may
 not
> > like each, could I be correct? If so is there a patch I download?
 Thanks