Re: frm45gen: from 3.0 to 4.5 - experiences?

From: <maurice_sogelee.rxv_at_eur.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 15:18:25 GMT

In article <35A26189.3DF4B6AE_at_ornl.com>,   Steve Howard <o6h_at_ornl.com> wrote:
> We are looking to convert an application from forms 3.0 to 4.5. Does
> the tool frm45gen work well? Any experiences to share?
>
> Thank you for your help.

Steve

I just performed such conversion and everything went above expectations. The only 2 things I had to do. The first thing is check the List of Values (LOV's) to see they have proper/meaningfull column names. The second thing is you have to check width of the LOV's. Some of my converted forms containing LOV's which were too wide to fit on a terminal page.

Also read the online Oracle documentation provided with Developer/2000,

regards

Maurice Sogelée
EDS - Xerox Venray