Re: Re: Forms 5 - A bug fix??

From: Sostratus <ttskns_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 02:04:14 -0700

Marcel Claus wrote in message
<6nt3cm$ok0_at_news.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>...

> I also found some major bugs in Forms 5. The designer and the
>runtime crashes often under Win95 but under WinNT 4 it doesnt.
>I don't know why but in our company we use only NT 4.
>There is another bug in Reports. Sometimes we get the message
>'REP-0001: unable to retrieve a string from the reports message
>builder'
>and the report (called with RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, ...))
>doesnt run. When I recompile this report on the client the error is
>gone.
>Has amoebody had the smae problem or is there a workaround?
>
>Marcel

We have met the same problem. The official answer from Oracle was that is a bug. Try eliminating code from your report for debugging. We've found, if I remember well, that a 'too many rows' error was the true error.

Also in Forms 5.0, there is another serious bug which didn't exist in 4.5. Now we cannot call a remote stored procedure directly from Forms PL/SQL using an alias (which is already defined for it). We should call a local SP instead, which in turn calls the remote procedure (using the alias). From Oracle we've got no answer, but we found this as a workaround.

Sostratus. Received on Thu Jul 09 1998 - 11:04:14 CEST

Original text of this message