Re: FINE TUNING ORACLE DB ...

From: <alanlee1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/07/08

To tune a database, you have to start with tuning SQL queries. To do that, you need a book. Try "Advanced Oracle Tuning and Administration" by Eyal Aronoff, Kevin Loney (Oracle Press). Read the part about manual tuning using hint, rule based and cost based optimizer.

Good luck.

Alan Lee
BSI Consulting
Houston, Texas