Re: commit when leaving record

From: Michael Toomey <michaelt_at_americanrecruitment.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:01:44 -0700

in case anyone is following this thread, i did find a workaround...

not very clean, but it's all i could come up with.

basically, what i'm trying to do is use a restricted procedure (commit) in a trigger that doesn't allow it (when-validate-record or post-record). so, i just had to create a workaround to allow me to use the restricted procedure.

namely, i create a timer and use a when-timer-expires trigger to actually perform the commit. actually, i create an alert and if the user presses "SAVE", then the timer.

this seems like an unbelievable kludge, but the best i could come up with. don't you think this should be a standard thing in forms? sort of "when do you want the application to commit ... form level, record level, or even item level" ??

if anyone has a more eloquent solution PLEASE let me know.

thanks,
-mt