commit when leaving record

From: Michael Toomey <michaelt_at_americanrecruitment.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:49:22 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] hopefully a simple question...

would like to have a form commit changes, if any, before leaving a record. concept is this: we don't want to have 20 outstanding commits if the user doesn't hit "save". we would like to immediately have the user asked "would you like to save changes" upon navigating to another record.

i've tried adding a check to the record status in post-record and when-validate-record. but a commit is not allowed in either of those.

do i have to add this for every possibility of leaving the record (next record, prev record, delete record, etc.)? or can i adjust the savepoint or ??

i must just be missing something b/c it seems that this must be a fairly common requirement... after all, it really sucks if you make 30 "good" changes and then your 31st is bad. you don't wanna rollback all 31...

thanks for any help.
-mt

mailto:michaelt_at_americanrecruitment.com Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 03:49:22 CEST

Original text of this message