Re: INCREDIBLE!!!

From: Bob Nightingale <rnightingale_at_comshare.com>
Date: 1998/07/07

I just downloaded Oracle 8 Enterprise Editition with all the utilities to my Dell Latitude CPi (266 Mhz, 128 MB memory). I'm running NT4/SP3. It's brand new. I'm even able to use the listener and connect from my Unix machine to it over SQL*Net. The ODBC drivers work fine. I'm using MS ODBC for Oracle over SQL*Net for 7.3. The Enterprise Manager stuff seems to work ok, and so does Schema Manager and Storage Manager. I loaded a 500MB database using imp80.exe by reading a .DMP file created with 7.3.3 exp. For far everything is working flawlessly.

How does your client fail? It could be you have hard coded TCP/IP addresses in your tnsname.ora file and are using randomly assigned addresses from DNS? That will happen if you reboot computers that have always been up.

More details please.
--Bob.