Print/mail in Forms applications for the Web

From: David Russell <lushen_at_bnr.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:55:56 -0500

Hi,

We are deploying a Forms application from UNIX to Web using Developer/2000 for the Web. The Web application is deployed on a Windows NT machine. There are print and mail commands in the UNIX version, and we wish to keep them in the Web version. The problems are: 1. In the UNIX version, a list of printers connected to the computer are provided to the users, and the users can choose from the list the printer they prefer. However, since the the Developer/2000 for the Web using a three-tier architecture, in which the applications are running on the application server side instead of on the client machine, we can't get the list of printers on the client side and print to them. So what can we do?

2. Is there a mail command in Windows NT system, which is equivalent to "mailx -s subj addr" in UNIX?

Thanx,

Lu Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 22:55:56 CEST

Original text of this message