Re: Direct printing from Forms 4.5

From: Albert Ratzlaff <albert_at_infonet.com.py>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:05:08 -0300

Albert Ratzlaff wrote:

> After using Forms 4.5 and Reports 2 to print invoices, I found that
> the
> response time is unacceptably slow. It takes 22 seconds from pressing
> the accept button till the printing starts, on a 486 with 16M RAM. I
> can
> get it down to 11 seconds with a Pentium and 32M RAM.
> Now I want to try to print directly to the printer from Forms, without
>
> using Report. I'd appreciate any help I can get, and I'd post back the
>
> results once I get the thing working.
>
> Regards
> Albert Ratzlaff

Could'nt wait for the answers (there were'nt any...). So I came up with this:

declare
  myprinter text_io.file_type;
begin
  myprinter := text_io.fopen('PRN', 'W');

  text_io.put_line(myprinter, 'lets see this');
  text_io.put_line(myprinter, '              second line indented');
  text_io.put(myprinter, chr(12)); -- form feed
  text_io.fclose(myprinter);

exception
  when others then
    message(sqlerrm);
end;

About one or two seconds.

Regards
Albert Ratzlaff Received on Tue Jul 07 1998 - 16:05:08 CEST

Original text of this message